Monday 13 August 2012

My mother and my grandmother

My dear grandmother holding me on the day I was baptized.



My beautiful mother in her teens in front of the back door of my grandparents' house in Graafwater, a small 'dorpie' near Lambertsbaai, where she grew up and my grandmother still lives.
My mother is the one person I could always go to in tears and happiness. She’s been a role model to me since I can remember. Most of her great qualities I have noticed came from my gran. I have been greatly influenced by their good heartedness and great work-ethic. They have always shown me that the woman is the pillar in a family and that what you own does not define you but what you can do with what you have, implementing  a creative and positive outlook.  This makes me feel secure as person and most importantly, as a woman, in a so-called man’s world.  




No comments:

Post a Comment