Tuesday 21 August 2012

dad


With my father as the head of the house, my sister and I looked up to him but I feel like my relationship with my mother is much stronger than with him. This probably came from when we were when my father were still in the police force and worked shifts, resulting in my sister and I spending more time with my mother and sadly not a lot of time with him.

When he was home we made a point of spending time together as family. One of the activities we did as family that I enjoyed the most was the trails we explored with our walks on Table Mountain. This is where my love for nature started. And today I feel lucky to date someone that shares my love for nature and actually works in the mountaineering industry. My father took a little while to warm up to him but enjoys his company now.
My first climb, made possible by my awesome boyfriend***

No comments:

Post a Comment